Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Top Stories

People Are Still Drinking Bleach Despite Being Warned by FDA

People Are Still Drinking Bleach Despite Being Warned by FDA

Just in the event that you were in any doubt, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has explained it: please don’t drink bleach. It will mess up your internal parts, and it’s assuredly not a miracle cure.

In case you’re asking why such notice is even vital, everything comes down to an alternative cure that individuals buy, blend at home, and ingest with the want to fix different conditions – including mental imbalance, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and even this season’s flu virus.

Various bad actors are pushing this so-called Miracle Mineral Solution or Master Mineral Solution (MMS) as a fix for an assortment of illnesses via online networking platforms; it’s been continuing for some time, regardless of a lot of legitimate, scientific, informed advice that it’s all a scam.

“The solution, when blended, forms into a dangerous bleach which has caused serious and conceivably hazardous symptoms,” says the FDA.

The agency is proceeding to follow the closeout of these MMS substances and will take “appropriate enforcement actions” against the individuals who are pushing these products outside of FDA guidelines.

The FDA reports that individuals who have been hoodwinked by MMS have encountered extreme regurgitating and diarrhea, blood pressure dropping to a life-threateningly low level, and even intense liver failure – not the kind of experiences you need to put yourself or your children through.

There is no logical proof to back up the cases that these mixtures have any antimicrobial, antiviral or antibacterial properties, as indicated by the FDA.

“Miracle Mineral Solution and similar products are not FDA-approved, and ingesting these products is equivalent to drinking bleach,” says the FDA Acting Commissioner Ned Sharpless. “Purchasers should not use these products, and parents should not give these products to their children in any way.”

What happens when these MMS mixtures are blended as instructed, is that the sodium chlorite they contain gets activated by a citric acid like lemon or lime juice, transforming it into a chlorine dioxide dye. That stuff is great at wiping germs out of drinking water, however, you need to remember that the dose makes the poison, and the MMS concentrations of dye are exceptionally harming for the human body.

Advocates of MMS demand that these ‘symptoms’ demonstrate the elixir is ‘working’ – yet that is false. You’re adequately drinking poison in the event that you pour it down your throat.

While the threats of drinking these types of mixtures may appear glaringly evident to most of us, individuals keep on getting hoodwinked. Governments have been issuing official warnings for a considerable length of time, yet the message hasn’t got totally through yet – the FDA itself distributed its first warning back in 2010.

On the off chance that you do know somebody who has ingested MMS or something similar, they have to look for medical assistance at the earliest opportunity. What’s more, if you need to comprehend what something will or won’t do to your body, take advice from the official, science-backed agencies.

About the author

Peter Gunnell

Peter is a reputed freelance medical and healthcare writer and editor with over 2 decades of experience. He has won several writing and journalism awards for his contribution. An expert at meeting deadlines, He is proficient at writing and editing educational articles for both consumer and scientific spectators, as well as patient education materials.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment